On the Road
with the 2014 Phantom Regiment
The Timeless Ballet. Reimagined for our Our Time.
Phantom Regiment presents its 2014 production: "Swan Lake."
As the curtain opens, an evil curse has transformed Odette into a swan. The swan queen, Odette and her flock of companions now live each day by a lake magically formed from tears of Odette’s grieving mother. Only at night do they regain human form. On the cusp of nightfall Prince Siegfried, out hunting with bow and arrow, spots a beautiful swan wearing a crown. Before he can shoot, it transforms into the most beautiful young woman he has ever seen. Odette explains that only eternal love can break the curse. The Prince invites her to the castle for a celebration that evening where he will chose her as his bride and they will be together forever. However things don’t go as planned. After anxiously waiting for her and dismissing several potential brides, Odette finally appears. Only it’s not her, it’s the evil sorcerer’s daughter Odile in disguise. Dressed in black, Odile tricks Siegfried into falling in love with her. All is lost when he realizes what has happened. Having mistakenly betrayed Odette, Siegfried can no longer break the curse. He rushes back to the lake and begs for forgiveness and pledges his eternal love. Now, there is only one way Odette and Siegfried can be united forever.
This DVD, shot entirely in HD, will take you from the first note, toss and flam at auditions to the very last one at the world championships at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
You will get a glimpse of life in the Regiment as you’ll see and hear from members and staff. See why the Phantom Regiment continues to be one of the most popular drum corps in the world! This is our 2014 story.
- On the Road Documentary
- Behind-the-scenes documentary by award-winning filmmaker Robert Cawthorne
- 2014 World Championship Performance of Swan Lake
- Multi & High Camera Angles (switch between angles on-the-fly)
- Bonus Features
- Top viral videos from the year
- Special performance of Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral (as performed by the 2014 Alumni Homecoming horn line & 2014 Phantom Regiment horn line)
- Plus…Regiment: Hard Corps! - This TV special was produced by Mike Robinson and aired 25 years ago. It shows behind-the-scenes preparation and rehearsal of the 1989 Phantom Regiment leading up to the Show of Shows and DCI Midwest in DeKalb. Features interviews with then corps director Dave St. Angel, as well as John Brazale, Marty Hurley and Jim Wren. This is rare footage seldom seen as this feature was only aired in Rockford a few times back in 1989.